An Introduction to TEEAM
The Electrical and Electronics Association of Malaysia (TEEAM) is a representative body of the electrical and electronics industries in Malaysia. TEEAM was established in 1952 and it aims to work closely with all government departments, statutory bodies and the private sector to ensure and promote orderly growth and development of the electrical and electronics industries.
TEEAM is officially represented in the various relevant government bodies’ Council and Committees such as the Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water (KeTTHA), Department of Skills Development (DSD), Energy Commission (ST), Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia (CIDB), Standards Malaysia and SIRIM Berhad. TEEAM is an appointed Standards Wiring Organisation (SWO) for electrical and electronics products/services. Besides, TEEAM is also represented in the Asean Consultative Committee for Standards & Quality (ACCSQ) Joint Sectoral Committee on Electrical & Electronics Equipment (JSC EEE).
TEEAM is accredited by CIDB to conduct building wiring installer training course. TEEAM is a member of the Asean Federation of Electrical Engineering Contractors (AFEEC).
Membership of TEEAM is drawn from companies, individuals as well as state associations engaged in the electrical and electronics industries in Peninsular and East Malaysia. To date, TEEAM has approximately 1,700 members and they are classified according to their business activities, i.e. Engineering Construction and Services, Trading and Manufacturing.
Benefits of Joining TEEAM
- Representation to government and private organisation to help solve, where possible, members’ common business problems concerning regulations, approvals and standards;
- Trade and business opportunities through TEEAM’s contacts with local and overseas organisations and trade missions;
- Opportunities to meet local and foreign business associates through meetings and seminars;
- TEEAM conducts training programmes such as building wiring installer course at its building to meet the country’s need for skilled technical personnel specially trained in the electrical field;
- Providing information and guidance pertaining to matters on Electricity Supply Act & Regulations, Customs Regulations and Government’s incentives;
- Listing of members’ contacts in TEEAM’s directory which is distributed locally and overseas. This is an important reference guide to those involved in the electrical and electronics industries;
- Participation in standards writing activities;
- Publication of TEEAM’s activities in “Suara TEEAM” magazine which is circulated to members and relevant people in the trade;
- Assistance for participation in trade exhibitions and trade missions overseas;
- Participation in technical and safety seminars;
- Academic excellence/scholarship awards are available for children of TEEAM members and children of their employees;
- Assistance in printing of diaries and calendars;
- Various sports and recreational activities which are open to all members’ participation;
- Discounted hotel rates in selected hotels throughout Malaysia.